In 1953 a large rock was found in the area bearing a chiselled inscription: "Champlain Juin 2, 1613". However the authenticity of the inscription has been brought into question by the date format. The Champlain Lookout was a part of the landscape long before Storyland was founded. The park closed after the 2011 season and was sold in 2013. It has since transformed into a glamping campground. Elements Luxury Tented Camp and Nature Spa have been set up on the acreage.